Why Steam Cleaning is the Best!
Carpet manufacturers are almost unanimous. The best way is to use hot water extraction, also called deep steam cleaning. Shaw Industries, Mohawk Carpets, and 3M Scotchgard recommend only hot water extraction. They do not recommend dry cleaning! Why?
A good analogy to cleaning carpet is washing your hair
- First, you wet your hair (we pre-spray your carpet to loosen the dirt and oil)
- Next, you shampoo and rinse your hair (we deep steam clean and rinse your carpet)
- Finally, you dry your hair with a towel (we dry-stroke your carpet)
- Sometimes, you use a blow-dryer to dry your hair (we use turbo fans in special situations)
When you are done your hair is clean, sanitary, excess oil removed, smells fresh, and feels soft to the touch (just like carpet that has been deep steam cleaned)!
Now, would you wash your hair by just putting an absorbent powder on it, rubbing it around, and then vacuuming it? (this is the dry cleaning process)
Would this give you the same results as shampooing your hair? Of course not. This is why the recommended way to clean your carpet is Deep Steam Cleaning!
Deep Steam Cleaning
It is actually hot water extraction, but it steams a lot. A good truck-mount hot water extraction unit forces very hot water into the carpet under high pressure, and then sucks it (and the dirt) out thoroughly. “Deep Steam cleaning,” as it is commonly called, has the following advantages:
- The high heat kills bacteria, fungus, mold, and dust mites, making it the healthiest way to clean carpet.
- It doesn’t leave a soapy residue. Detergent residues attract dirt, which will cause your carpet to get dirty much sooner.
- The high pressure steam penetrates to base of the fibers, removing deeply embedded dirt.
- Our strong vacuum system removes 95% of the moisture, leaving your carpet damp to the touch.
Heat really helps! Above 118 degrees Fahrenheit, every 18 degrees doubles the cleaning power of the cleaning agents. Deep Steam Cleaning is done between 180 and 240 degrees. Therefore, very little cleaning agents are used to clean your carpet. The bottom line is that it’s just the best way to clean your carpet!
Benefits of Carpet Cleaning
Carpet cleaning can improve the appearance of your home and extend the life of your carpet, but perhaps the most valuable benefit from the process is improving you and your family’s health.
- Cleaning Carpets Will Eliminate Trapped Pollutants: According to the E.P.A, a dirty carpet can retain several sources of indoor air pollutants, including pet dander, cockroach allergens, lead, particle pollution, and everyday dirt and dust. Toxic airborne gases can adhere to these particles and also get trapped within the carpet. These toxic gases can be released through everyday activities such as vacuuming and walking across the carpet, which can cause them to contaminate the air in your home. RWM’s professional carpet cleaning service kills these bacteria through special shampooing formulas and can remove deeply trapped pollutants with high-powered vacuums.
- Cleaning Carpets Will Minimize Pollutants Caused By Dust Mites: You can’t get rid of dust mites but can improve you indoor air quality by removing their waste products. Having your carpets and upholstery cleaned is a great way to remove their waste.
- Cleaning Carpets Will Help Reduce Mold Spores: Liquid spills, such as milk, can make your carpets a breeding ground for mold. A thorough carpet cleaning, with a truck mount cleaning system, will make your carpets more sanitary for you and your family.